Wednesday, September 14, 2011

QUARTER BOXES!!!!!!

If you were with me on my last post on my other blog, Just A Bit Offside, then you know I found a card shop that has Quarter Boxes! If you didn't read it, what's wrong with you???
Anyways... of course I scrounged through and absconded with almost all of the Braves from it. I'm told hockey and football quarter boxes are being made as well. Sweet.
But for now, bask in the glorious that is .25 cent Braves. Plus I have a rainbow to show off at the end. Not a My Little Pony Rainbow Bright anything... that's on the other Braves blog. He was first, and is still the best. Despite his latest obsession with ponies.

On with the cards!!!
 2007 Finest Chipper!
 2007 Finest Francoeur refractor....
 2007 SP Authentic Francoeur
 2007 SP Rookie Edition Saltalamacchia... which I already had at home. Oops.
 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Bob Horner /575
 2007 Elements Chipper!
 2007 Elements See through Chipper!.... which I already had at home. Oops.
 2005 Donruss Champions Niekro... I really hate these two cards... but they were a Niekro and Murphy for .25 cents that I didn't already have.
 see above comment. Dale doesn't like them either. He's running away.
 2006 Flair Showcase Chipper! I miss Flair... and Fleer.
 2006 Bowman Prospect of current Brave Diory Hernandez. If young Diory can't wrestle playing time away from Alex Gonzalez, I'm afraid his career may be over soon.
 2009 Sweet Spot BMac! which I already had at home.... Oops.
 2009 Sweet Spot Nate McLouth. Which I already had. Oops.
 2009 Sweet Spot Javier Vazquez. Which I already had. Oops.
 2009 Sweet Spot Chipper!!!! And I needed him!!!! Yes!!! It's a good thing too..... because I ended up buying two of him.
Oops.

2007 Topps Warren Spahn. I knew I had this already, but I wanted another copy.

 2006 Finest John Smoltz. Shiny!!!

 2006 Finest Chipper. More Shiny!
 and finally a Chuck James 2006 Finest Rookie Auto. I was pretty sure I had this already... and I did. But in slightly different form.

It is hidden behind a slab.
 but it has friends! The Refractor version....
 the X-Fractor version....
 and of course the Black X-Fractor version.
Quarter boxes!!! Thanks for looking. I can't wait to pillage the football and hockey ones. And I meant what I said about my other blog. Read it. I'll know if you don't.

9 comments:

flywheels said...

Quarter boxes? Seriously? Wow. I don't think I have that clear Elements Chipper. Wanna trade? I've got a big stack of Braves doubles...or maybe I could send you some new Colts cards? Don't you also collect Peyton "on the shelf" Manning?

Cheap Card Collecting said...

I have a Chuck James autographed 8 x 10 if you want it.

Captain Canuck said...

emails sent to both of you fine gentlemen.

Hackenbush said...

Pretty good stuff, Captain.

Play at the Plate said...

I'm going to hold my breath and stomp my feet until my LCS gets some quarter boxes.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great pick ups for a great price. Gotta value boxes!

dayf said...

Rainbow DASH. Not Brite. Dash.

Wait, you got autographs in a quarter box?

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty sweet haul for a quarter. I might collect more cards if I had a way to get the ones I wanted for a quarter.

BASEBALL DAD said...

Like Dayf said. You got an auto in a quarter box !? And I didn't know about your other blog. I guess I'm not much of a hockey puck kind 'a guy.