Friday, October 22, 2010

Hobby or nothing... I choose hobby.

I've seen a few pack/box busts of 2010 Topps Chrome Football and the concensus seems to be forget buying hobby, go retail. Looking at the posted results, I tend to agree. With one slight caveat.
There ain't no retail within 1800 miles of me. So with the choice of hobby packs or nothing, I went and bought some hobby packs. Beggars can't be choosers.

3 packs for $10 at my LCS.

First card... Felix Jones. Nice.
 Joe Flacco - is he really that good, or the product of the system, like Roethlesberger?
 LeSean McCoy - WhY dO PeopLe iSisT oN mAkiNg uP nAMes?
 Percy Harvin - get those headaches under control son.... health is more important.
 I got one refractor in my 3 packs.... Tom Brady. Any Pats fans out there want to trade?
 and I found one of those Bowman Chrome inserts that are 1:12 packs or 2 per box....
Jordan Shipley of the Bungals
also pulled were
Trent Williams - Redskins RC
Darren Sproles - Chargers
Taylor Price - Patriots RC
DeAndelo Williams - Panthers
Sidney Rice - Vikings
Darren Sharper - Saints

Overall a cool set... if I had the $$$ I'd buy a box or two.  But then again, maybe I should send away for retail.

If any of you are collecting this set and need any of these, hit me up for a swap.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

If nobody claims it before then I'll take the Brady from you next time we trade.

TJ said...

I don't know any Pats fans.

AdamE said...

I don't want any of your Chrome football but I do have a stack of Braves that I need a tradnig partner for....

flywheels said...

What do you want for the DeAngelo Williams? I was going to hold off buying any Panthers cards until they win a freakin' game this season...but I can't resist!