Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You knew it was coming... ITG steps up, BIG time!

Since I live on the other side of the collecting world, well, North of it anyways.... I, like a lot of you, will not be at The National this week. I know. Shocking. I actually have to keep working and can't take off for a week of fun in the sun. Oh wait. It's in Baltimore. Never mind.....

As a result of that, and the fact that I'm not a 14 year old girl glued to the "social media" phenomenon, I have to rely on good old fashioned email to get my news.

Stephen Laroche, Brand Manager for In The Game, my favourite card manufacturer, sent out an email to several card bloggers recapping their big news announcement from that morning at The National.

ITG will now produce baseball cards. They will be patterned after their immensely successful Heroes and Prospects Hockey issue. But that's where the similarity will end.

While the hockey version has a great 100 card base set for us set collectors, the baseball version will be just the hits ma'am. Just the hits.
Each box will contain 4 cards. All hits. None of this one serial numbered base card crap that other manufacturers pull. All four cards will be autos, or game used.

Here's what you may find inside....
J-Hey!!!! Oh yeah! I got to get me one of these!
Between the Seams....
Now here's where it gets tricky.... the odds of you pulling a prospect auto is 3.5:1, meaning every other box will only have three prospect autos.... the fourth card will either be a prospect game used, OR.... a Heroes cut auto.... maybe like these...

Hammerin' Hank. It's not even out yet, and I can't afford it....

Now that's how to do cut autos....
No other word as yet on the rest of the checklist.... look for that info here, or go direct to ITG's website at www.itgtradingcards.com
And thanks to Mr Laroche for sending this info out via email to a few of us card bloggers...

1 comment:

TJ said...

Nice. I love ITG and I hope baseball works out for them. I like the logo, too.