Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CCC Rider...

awhile back, Paul from Carl Crawford Cards offered up some relic cards for trade. I saw one I wanted, and left a comment, offering up a 2008 Bowman Orange Carl Crawford #/250. Paul immediately sent me an email demanding the Crawford, as well as a case of maple syrup, 20 Francs, and the head of Diego Garcia.
I negotiated him down to the Crawford, and a 1982 Kellogs Vida Blue. After all, where the hell would I get 20 Francs???

No, I was not trading for smiling Dave here... we'll get to him in a moment...
Here's the beauty I was after. An N.L. Artifacts of Phil Niekro. Simply sweet.
True to Upper Deck though, It's an National League card featuring a Braves pitcher, with a Yankees swatch. Genius. A future Nobel Prize winner designed that baby. No matter. Phil wore it during his 83 year pitching career and now it's mine.
Paul also included 4 different 2007 Fleer Ultra Chippers.

an Adam LaRoche just for me....
and most of a 1992 Pinnacle Braves team set. Well, the scrubs mostly... but now I have to track down the rest of them. This is the life of a set collector...
Paul actually sent 2 Sid Breams. But that's okay. There's always a seat at my table for Sid. If you don't know why, you aren't a Braves fan....

and that brings us to these....
if a card could sum up the '90's... it would be smiling Dave there....
Thanks for the trade Paul!

1 comment:

TheRealDFG said...

Were you referring to the slide that saved the burning of Atlanta?