Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bulgaria!

In case you have been in a coma this past week and haven't heard, there's an Olympic contest over at JD's Cards. Pick a number, get assigned a country. Root like heck and maybe win a prize.
There's still time to get in, so get going.
Me? I received Bulgaria. I'm thrilled. Quick research shows 218 olympic medals. including 53 Gold.
A little more in depth research shows that only 6 medals, 1 Gold during the colder months. Why couldn't weightlifting be a winter sport?
What could I expect from a country that can't even get their flag right. We all know that this way is the proper way.
Glorious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bulgaria is going down!!! Belgium rules, fish!!

Anonymous said...

I ended up with France, which I thought was great until I looked at the past medal counts. They only have 9 athletes this year. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

I got Hungary. The last time they won winter medals was 1980, and they've never taken home a gold. Loved that when I looked them up it bluntly said something to the effect of "not expected to contend for a medal in Vancouver". Woo, hope the entries for entering & linkng is enough to get lucky and snag a top spot. >_>