Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Everyone else is talking Stadium Club, why not me?

I came home from work today to a mini mail day. I received a few treats from reader Rob, who contacted me awhile ago and we worked out a trade. Second was a small envelope from a seller I frequent on the 'bay.
Coincidently(or not) there are a few hot topics regarding 2008 Stadium Club in blogs here, and here, as well as a couple of others that I perused. Basically, the collation blows. The checklist is confusing as hell. And the packs are expensive.
Here's how I adapt. I can't afford these expensive packs... so I find an insane casebuster, and cherry pick his hits off of the 'bay. Here is my first attempt, all from the same seller....

Gregor Blanco Rookie Auto
cost $0.99
Gregor Blanco Rookie Photographer's Proof Blue Auto 61/99
cost $2.27
Gregor Blanco Rookie Photographer's Proof Gold Auto 42/50
cost $1.57
Total cost including shipping... $6.85 for three autos of a player I really like. Not some free agent walk on never was wannabe.
Oh, and he threw this in gratis....

This is the way I'll collect Stadium Club... now onto the next Brave...

2 comments:

dayf said...

Niiiiice.

You are a wiser man than I.

Captain Canuck said...

well, I wouldn't go that far...
let's call it a blind squirrel finding a nut...